Monday, June 1, 2009

Small Changes Make a Difference!

They really do. I can point back to over 5 years ago when I weighed close to 300lbs and then show you today when I weigh 239. Most of that loss was due to changes in my lifestyle. I walked more, took the stairs rather than the elevator, began drinking lots of water, and most importantly, stopped eating fast food all the time. I made healthier choices and healthy food became more of a staple in my diet.

I've slipped up many times but have learned that when that happens I need to let go of beating myself up and simply get back on track.

Now that I'm focusing on this again, some of the small choices I'm making include parking on the other side of the parking lot at work (not only do I have to walk across the lot, but I get one of the shadiest spots which is wonderful on one of our hot Sacramento summer days) and taking the stairs instead of the elevator (well, except when first thing in the morning when I have all my stuff to carry).

The small changes do add up over time and make a difference.

The big changes are often quite easy, but the small changes take dedication and discipline. I think those small changes also determine the outcome of attempts to be healthy. If you're not willing to change the small things, I think you're ultimately doomed to failure.

Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment