Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Silly Me

As I've begun losing weight, I'm finding that I have a silly thought running through my brain. Let me explain...

I've always made it a point to buy pretty clothes even though I'm fat. I have a huge aversion to looking fat and frumpy; I've been there, I worked hard to get myself to stop doing that, and I don't ever want to go back (hmmmm...a revelation. I need to get this attitude going about being unhealthy). I get a lot of compliments about my clothing and jewelry, and I have a wonderful time rummaging through thrift stores looking for pretty things.

I'm going to miss some of my outfits. Today I wore one of my favorite tops, and in about 20-30lbs I won't ever be able to wear it again. That makes me sad. I love this top!

What I need to do is think about all the cute clothes I'll be able to find at thrift stores in smaller sizes instead of thinking "If I lose weight, I won't be able to wear this anymore." There's that silly thought :P

Here's what I'll do instead...I'm going to sell my clothes on ebay after I reach 'onederland' (hitting the 100s) and think about the women who will be able to enjoy these pretty clothes and feel good about themselves. And I'll even make some money :)

Rose

~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, making a few $ from your favouite outfits so that you can buy new faves. Another thought I had, as I was reading your blog, was that maybe you are good at sewing. You could turn a favourite top or whatever into a nice cushion, that way it'd still be there for you to enjoy, and a reminder of the work you've done to achieve Onederland (love that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Sweet Gypsy RoseJune 12, 2009 at 2:40 AM

    Hi feathers :) I haven't sewn since Home Ec in high school. I'm almost 44 now :P

    I may keep a few things and see if I can find a seamstress who can take them in for me once I hit my goal weight.

    I also like the idea of making a cushion, or perhaps a quilt.

    As for what I do decide to sell on eBay, I may save the money and put it towards my laptop fund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily for me I don't have any "fat clothes" I enjoy wearing. I just look forward to not looking so bad in my current clothes.

    ReplyDelete