Thursday, June 4, 2009

Perseverance Quotes to Ponder

I'm pooped at the moment...last night there was the strangest thunderstorm...I woke up around midnight to nonstop thunder and lightning that went on for well over an hour if not longer. I didn't get good sleep last night.

Earlier this evening I met up with my friend Amy at McKinley Park and we walked around it twice. It was hard tonight. I was so ready to be done once we got back to my car. I think part of that is being so tired. Tomorrow night I'll be walking once around my block.

I decided to look up a few quotes about perseverance and share them here:

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

You can't go through life quitting everything. If you're going to achieve anything, you've got to stick with something. ~From the television show Family Matters

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. ~William James

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. ~Earl Nightingale

"Never, never, never give up!" ~ Winston Churchill

"Never Quit. "Don't ever, ever quit. Recognize that stopping now, regrouping to try a new approach isn't quitting. If you quit you'll regret it forever." ~ Rudy Ruettiger

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." ~ Vince Lombardi

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. " ~ Confucius

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit."

~ Unknown


I bolded the parts that really spoke to me. Here is my goal....never quit, rise up whenever I fall, and STICK WITH THIS!

Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the quotes, I sneak around the internet finding quotes I like and noting them down for future references. I'm definitely going to keep a few of these!

    ReplyDelete