Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bleah! Too Much Salt!

Yesterday I didn't do as well with my eating as I'd planned. The beans I had for lunch had way too much salt, and last night I ate a whole rotisserie cooked chicken breast (no skin). I didn't have enough vegetables or water. This morning I weighed 2lbs higher than yesterday. I'm hoping most of that was water weight.

I have a couple of choices...I can beat myself up and then give up with making healthy choices, because I screwed up and what difference does it make anyway? I might as well eat what I want since I can't do this long-term.

Orrrrr....I can look at yesterday as a small stumble on this journey. I didn't fall, I didn't overeat, I didn't mess everything up. I can regroup and plan for days like yesterday.

So, what am I doing? Today's food isn't as salty, and I'll be sure to have lots of vegetables and drink lots of iced tea. (I don't make a strong iced tea. 3 teabags to 1 gallon of water makes for a very light and delicate drink with very little caffeine).

Keeping the journey in mind!

3 comments:

  1. Holy hell! Talk about leading parallel lives! LOL ;) Hang in there darlin! We SHALL overcome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't eat enough food in the day to gain two pounds so It has to be water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His Sweet Gypsy RoseJune 16, 2009 at 4:43 AM

    We will, Sunny :)

    Very true, Amy. I was thinking more about the fat content, but it's most likely water weight from too much salt. Drat the stuff! I love it, but it's not helping me :P

    ReplyDelete