Monday, June 15, 2009

Official Weigh-in Day...Woohoo!

I've designated Mondays as my official weigh-in day, so while I watch my weight all week, I record it on Monday mornings.

This morning I was very pleased to see that I'm at 235 :) That makes 10 lbs I've officially lost in 3 weeks, and adding a slice of whole grain bread for breakfast as well as a fruit drink (I'll be posting about that drink more later) isn't having a negative impact. I'm also adding some brown rice to other meals.

Beginning this evening I'll be walking 3 miles a day, then in July I'll be adding 20 minutes of core exercises to my evenings. To do that I'll be buying an exercise ball and a yoga mat, and doing the exercises in Chantel Hobb's book "Never Say Diet".

I'm developing a lifestyle that works for me by taking items that I like from different sources. The majority of my eating plan is based on South Beach, along with a few daily supplements such as psyllium husk and a glass of water with some unfiltered apple cider vinegar included. I'm also taking a fruit/vegetable supplement , but I can't recall the name so I'll write about that later.

I pulled some of my exercise plan from "Never Say Diet", which advocates slow changes. Chantel's plan recommends 30 minutes of exercise a day for the first month, and not working on anything else. In the second month she has readers start with focusing on eating better.

What I'm taking from her book is doing one big change at a time and doing it for a month before adding another. This first month I'm walking regularly and then next month I'll be adding her core exercises for an additional 20 minutes a day.

Meanwhile (back at the ranch :P ) I'm keeping my eating habits in focus and am constantly evaluating my meals and snacks along with my weight on a daily basis.

All of this along with the encouragement and support of my husband and friends is making this very doable, and I'm seeing progress :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent job!!!!! Isn't it great?! Keep up the outstanding work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Sweet Gypsy RoseJune 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM

    It is great :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete