Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Phase 1 - Day 3

I woke up this morning feeling really good! I'm still a bit tired, but I'm positive that being back on a healthy diet and getting regular exercise will take care of that, as long as I'm getting enough sleep. I was ready for bed by 915 last night, so I went and laid down, then read a book for about 30 minutes. I'm finding it easier to get up on time.

Losing weight during phase 1 of South Beach seems to go quite well for me. I think it's because I've been eating so poorly before beginning, too much sugar and processed foods. It's scary how much that bad stuff contributes to my weight gain. This is actually the second time I've done SB. The first time was about 5 years ago, and I lost approximately 16lbs the first two weeks. It's like a detox period where the body flushes all the bad stuff, but it doesn't continue to be so dramatic as you enter phase 2.

Tonight after work I had planned to walk around the block, but I took too much time at the grocery store. I'm also making the Canadian bacon egg cups for breakfast for the rest of the week. I have a small group bible study on Wednesday nights, so I can't get much more than that in if I have other things I need to do before leaving the house at 630.

My official weigh-in day is Monday morning, and my sweet husband will be taking progress photos every Sunday evening. I'll be sharing those here eventually.


Progress:
5/25/09 - 245
5/26/09 - 243 (-2)
5/27/09 - 241 (-4)

Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment