Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goals

I think an important part of successful weight loss is to have goals. My current weight loss goal is to reach 165 lbs, and to walk 7 miles a week.

To reach 165lbs, from today's weight I'd need to lose 75lbs. If I lose 2 pounds a week, it would take me 38 weeks to reach my goal. From today's date, that would put me at goal on Valentine's Day :) What a great date!

I am planning to walk faithfully after work each evening, beginning with 1 mile each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 2 miles each Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll be meeting with at least one friend at a local park in the evening and we'll walk around the park twice, and on the other evenings I'll walk around the block I live on once after work.

As I get used to walking again, I'll do 2 miles on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 3 miles on Tuesday and Thursday.

Eventually I'll be adding some other exercises to the walking, but for now getting active again is enough.

Progress:
South Beach Phase 1, Week 1
5/25/09 - 245
5/26/09 - 243 (-2)
5/27/09 - 241 (-4)
5/28/09 - 240 (-5)

Exercise:
5/26/09 - 2 miles (twice around McKinley Park)
5/28/09 - 1 mile around the block






Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment