Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beginnings

Well, here I am, ready to begin living a healthy lifestyle. I've done this before and have failed, but I refuse to stay a failure.

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. ~ Mary Pickford


This week I'm getting prepared to begin phase 1 of the South Beach Diet on Tuesday, May 26th. Today is a day of choosing menus for the week that I can prepare on either Sunday or Monday (which I have off from work), buying the ingredients and mentally getting ready.

I also plan to implement exercise, following the steps outlined by Chantal Hobbs in her book, "Never Say Diet".

Each moment, I am choosing to live a healthy life. It begins right now.

Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

3 comments:

  1. Welcome and good luck! I'm doing South Beach too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep reminding yourself that you are worth it! I love the smaller clothes and the smaller me but more than anything else I love how healthy I am. I waited more than 40 years because I was busy focusing on everyone else. Do this for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His Sweet Gypsy RoseMay 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM

    Thanks, Sunny :)

    Cyndi, thanks for the encouragement. I so want to be healthy and feel really good physically instead of the blahness of carrying around too much weight. I do deserve it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete