Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Phase 1 - Day 1 and 2

Yesterday was day 1 of phase 1. It was an interesting day since I was home due to the Memorial Day holiday. We had one of our friends over, and she helped us with some light gardening. We also watched 'Fireproof' and some of the Jon & Kate Plus 8 marathon.

I find it difficult to follow an eating schedule when I'm not at work. At work, there are clearly defined times for breaks and lunch, so it's easy to stay on track. At home, it's not so clearly defined. I may need to get a timer to set for the next snack/meal so I don't forget.

Tonight I need to cook the canadian bacon cups tonight since I didn't get them done on Sunday. I won't have time the next two nights due to other commitments, and I'll run out of breakfast for me and my sweet husband before then, so tonight it is.

I'm going to have to adjust my beginning weight on the 3FC forums. It's actually 245, not 251. That's a happy thing :D

Today I'm very sad about Jon and Kate. I've been watching their show for a couple of years, and feel like I know them. It's heartbreaking to see that they seem to be on the verge of a divorce. I hope and pray that this is a wakeup call for both of them, and that their desire to put the kids first motivates them to work on their marriage, as that's the best for the kids. This sadness is coloring my day :(

Thankfully breakfast seems to be quite filling. I stopped by McDonald's this morning to get a large unsweetened iced tea and will be reusing the cup all day.

I seem to be in the right frame of mind for phase 1. I have no desire to cheat (well, except for last night when I was putting the leftover couscous into a dish for my husband to have with his lunch today...that was a little tempting) and am not feeling ravenous. It's good :)

Eating at work today went quite well. When I started feeling munchie between snacks/meals, I'd grab one almond from the can of smoked almonds I have at my desk. Throughout the day I had about 5 almonds. That seemed to tide me over :)

Once I got home I had the goat cheese and basil chicken breast, along with a small wedge of cheese, then I met up with my friend Amy to walk around McKinley Park. We did that twice, and now I'm home and feeling wonderfully worn out. It's warm today, and I live in a house with no air conditioning, so the bedroom door is closed and our portable window air conditioning unit is running in there.


Progress:
5/25/09 - 245
5/26/09 - 243 (-2)

Exercise:
5/26/09 - 2.2 miles (twice around McKinley Park)

Rose
~ His Sweet Gypsy Rose

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is harder to follow an eating schedule when not at work. At work my brain needs fuel to run, and if I am low on fuel I start getting a headache/not being able to concentrate. At home I rarely have that problem.

    ReplyDelete