Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Riley Update

It looks like Riley may have fatty liver disease. It's not fatal as long as we can get him to eat. Taht's not been easy, however, because he has no appetite and little interest in eating.

I've resorted to buying baby food and am spooning it onto his mouth so he'll lick it off.  We're getting some food into him that way.

Thankfully he's still drinking.

Your thoughts, prayers and kind words are appreciated.  This is my baby cat, and I love him so much.  It's been hard on me this last week, and I'm taking somewhat of a break from walking and disciplined eating.  I'm not going overboard with poor choices, but I'm giving myself some leeway.

Riley will be going back to the vet this next Saturday, so hopefully I'll have good news then.

No comments:

Post a Comment