Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Thoughts

One of the hardest things about choosing to live a healthy life is, well, choosing to live a healthy life!  There are so many temptations around me, and I struggle with them constantly.  I think my biggest struggle is giving myself a treat.  I can come up with thousands of reasons to treat myself throughout the day, and in so doing I lose the discipline I need to stick with my healthy choices.

Not having a set menu planned in advance is also a problem.  I think it would be a good thing for me to plan the week's menu in advance, shop for only what's needed, and follow the menu faithfully.  I'd have more control of the calories that way, and can also fit in those small 'treats' on a daily basis, making sure the treats are healthy choices.

I think it would be helpful to have at least 3 staple recipes for breakfast and lunch that I could rotate through, and then have more variety with dinner, or maybe have 3 staples for dinner and have more variety with lunch.  Whatever I do, though, I need to make sure the food is healthy and filling.

More thoughts on this in my next post.  I'm also interested in knowing your thoughts and what's worked for you, so comment away :)



No comments:

Post a Comment