Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Been a Spiffy Month!


And he's looking incredibly improved :)  It's hard to believe that this adorable little kitten came to us in such horrible shape a month ago today!  He still has a hint of an eye infection (as you can see from the dried gunk around his eyes) and the cold isn't quite gone yet, but other than that he's in great shape!

He's such a sweet little guy, too.  He's very mellow and quiet, but can also be playful.  We aren't quite sure of his age, but I'm guessing he's nearing 3 months old.  It's more obvious that he's a boy and when I weighed him a few days ago, he was about 3 pounds.

Right now he's sleeping on the couch, and is looking so adorable that I thought I'd share that photo here as well:


For those who are new to this blog, you can click here to see what Spiffy looked like after we cleaned him up the day my husband brought him into the house.

You can see more adorable animal photos at this Friday's Ark over at The Modulator.  You can also visit Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat for this week's Carnival of the Cats, and Weekend Cat Blogging which is also being hosted at Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat this week.




3 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen a comment from you on my blog before, so I checked out your site. I found myself back in tears as I read about and looked at the pictures of the baby you brought back from near-death. It reminded me SO much of Winnie's story, only with a happy ending. I needed that. Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog, and THANK YOU for taking in that precious little Spiffy. I think I'm going to come back regularly to follow the pictures of him. I wanted little Winnie to have a lifetime of love and comfort. I will live vicariously now through your story of Spiffy.
    One other small note. I have been hoping to increase traffic to my blog in order that I might attract an ad or two - the $$ would help with the high costs of animal rescue. I'm trying to stay very positive, but I've had a couple of days of big-time doubt. When I brought up your comment form, there were the motivating quotes. It seems they were exactly what I needed to read at this very moment in time.
    Thanks again.
    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrystal, I'm glad Spiffy's story encouraged you...I've lost kittens before and I know how heart-breaking it is. Those sweet little innocent lives gone so quickly :( The comfort I find is that we were able to give them love for the short time we had them, and that is a lot.

    Hang in there with the animal rescue and do what you can with what you have. We can't save them all (dang it!) but we can make a difference as we are able. Remember the starfish story - http://muttcats.com/starfish.htm It's not how many we help, it's that we help how many we can, even if that's just one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. In fact, I referenced the starfish story in one of my own posts. I think those of us who take in the homeless have to live by the starfish story - it's a way to keep pushing forward. Anyway, the update today on your little Spiffy makes me smile. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete